You’re Ready to Lead. You possess Journeyman or ABC certification (or something equivalent) alongside 5+years of commercial experience. You have successfully completed multiple commercial-based projects while leading a team of three or more.
Ensuring Quality. You point out potential safety risks before, during and/or after installation. You can resolve conflict within customer, company or employee disputes,and ensure quality installation of all electric work. You and your team plan, inspect and correct during projects – from ground-rough to punch-list.
Customer Experience. You exude confidence. Scheduling and directing manpower, in an effort to ensure workflow, is your specialty. When you are onsite, people know they can work with you to figure out what needs to be done.
“Belt On” Leadership. We are looking for a Working Foreman, not a “Managing” Foreman, where you will lead and mentor your team with a toolbelt on. In addition, your ecognize when to slow down for planning, scheduling,organizing and inspecting so that your team has the guidance to succeed. We want to serve and grow future generations of Kansas City’s premier electricians.
Adhere to Guidelines. You follow company safety guidelines and implement based on NEC Codes, OSHA Regulations, plans and specs. You’re able to read, interpret and ask questions (when necessary) in regard to such guidelines. You NEVER compromise on safety and quality.
Career Growth Isn’t Your Priority. If your goal is to secure a job and coast . . . that’s great. But at Empowered, we will push you to be the best electrician possible. This means the climb will get tough at times, but it’s because the last thing we want for you is to be content. Enhance your career at Empowered Electric.
You’re Independent. To a Fault. If you consider yourself a “Lone Wolf,” Empowered might not be the best place for you (even though “Lone Wolf” is a pretty sweet nickname). Our team looks after one another and pushes each other to do excellent work and grow in our craft.
You’re Not Quite There. If you feel like Empowered is the place for you, but your skillset isn’t ready for the ensuing tasks...we respect your honesty. We care about the drive to get better just as much as the skill itself. When both of those qualities align, let’s start a conversation.
Foreman Roles and Responsibilities
You're ready to meet each of these tasks head on
- - Ability to property look ahead (up to 3 weeks) and have the information, material, and manpower to successfully complete desired tasks.
- - Thorough understanding of construction scheduled including all inspections, deadlines and proper phasing of other trades to ensure effective use of manpower.
- - Ability to communicate or address to Project Manager or Field Director hindrances, delays, or loose ends that are causing schedule delays with a desired outcome.
- - Able to Plan for, Keep Track Of, Properly Maintenance and Return all Specialty tools.
- - Leading by example with all PPE- Constant awareness of other trades or potential work hazards created by others.
- - Proper Communication, Thought, Planning for all work where safety hazards might be created.
- - Understanding and UNWAVERING Commitment to Lock out Tag Out.
- - Whether in person, on the phone, or email, you possess the courage to tell people what they Need to Hear not what they Want to Hear.
- - Ability to ask required questions far enough in advance to not cause assumptions, delays, or guessing of installation of our scope of work.
- - Knowing when a one on one conversation needs to happen and when an issue needs to be elevated to a higher position due to severity.
- - Unwavering Dedication to the teaching (through explaining) andtraining (through hands on demonstration) of all electricians under your leadership.
- - Willing to put in the time to thoroughly understand all of the project documents including, All Print Pages, Spec Book, and Equipment Submittals.
- - Hitting scheduled inspections, deadlines, including daily start time,starts with you.
- - Ability to order detailed material list for no less than a week's worth of work.
- - Ability to review and received correct material and document any lost or defective items upon receiving.
- - Ability to properly stage, organize, and keep track of all material onsite.
- - Properly able to Manage Time between planning, teaching and laying out employees, ordering and receiving material, and Putting Work InPlace.
- - Ability to Relay accurate information on employees struggles and needs, to the Project Manager and Field Director.
- - Dedicated to keeping a respectful attitude towards the General Contractor, Other Trades, Owners and Inspectors, along with the Empowered Team.
- - Ability to show and communicate in detail what is required of a task.
- - Verify daily that work is being installed in a quality, craftsman like manner.
- - Ensures that work is being installed per latest NEC & Building Specs.
- - Daily Tracking and recording of employees time.
- - Commitment to keeping Job Sites, Job Boxes, Material Carts and Company vehicles clean and presentable at all times.
- - Daily updating Red Line Drawings with all necessary information.
- - Able to manage, teach, and work alongside 3 or more electricians or
- - A complete understanding of Empowered’s Installation Practices and
dedication to communicating and upholding them to others under
- - Commitment to MAKING TIME to teach apprentices how to read
Our Story Our "Why"
Empowered Electric has grown exponentially over the last four years. How? The answer is simple: wehire the qualified electricians in Kansas City who want to work with us and not for us.
We’ve gone from “up-and-coming” to “here-to-stay” because the people we hire are a unique breed. Are they skilled at what they do? Absolutely.But what you’ll see under “Qualifications” goes beyond the electrician trade itself.
We’re looking for passion. We’re looking for grit. We’re looking for excellence.
And we don’t just care about your amazing skillset as an electrician. We care about attitude and effort.
Why should you ever settle for anything less?
- Roth 401(k) with Employer Match
- Health Insurance
- Group Dental + Vision
- Life Insurance ($50k)
- Long/Short-TermDisability Insurance
- Indoor/Outdoor Gym
- Time Off for Vacation
- Happy Hour Events
- Full-Time Position
- Salary: TBD (Based on Experience)
- Unlimited Growth Potential
- Continuing Education(ABC Apprenticeship Program, OSHATr aining etc.)
- We Participate in E-Verify
We want you to succeed. And Empowered isn’t done growing. We can empower one another along the way - that makes work worth gettingout of bed every morning. You in?
The Empowered Electric Team